Friday, June 3, 2011

Matthew Mainsbridge @ Moochinside

I have been meaning to share this beautiful work displayed in Moochinside for the last couple of weeks. I was really taken by these intricate oil paintings by local artist Matthew Mainsbridge. I wish I had had my camera on that day as more then half his work has been sold since (which is fantastic for him). Yesterday I dropped off Elkhorn's new range of Dahlia wraps into Moochinside and made sure I had my camera in hand.






I did a little google search on Matthew but couldn't find any website which is a shame as he had many other wonderful paintings of washed up seaweed & feathers. I was informed he is also a framer which is why these paintings are finished off so beautifully. He seems to be a man of many talents as he also makes the best coffee at The Fat Goose!


3 comments:

  1. moochinside is one of my favourite stores on the Central Coast and I have seen your work there before. Always lovely to drive out for a visit.
    The art pieces shown and sold always resonate with me. I have the work of Kiera O'Toole, another Central Coast artist who's work I adore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katie! I totally agree... Love Mooch. There is nothing like it on the Central Coast. Such a great platform for local artists. I am slowly discovering the many artists/designers in the area, lots of them found through Moochinside. Kiera O'Tooles' work is amazing. I might have to start saving my pennies for some of this wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha...I'm an old friend of Matt's and was doing a google search for his work and found myself here. I just wanted to add, that his photographic work is exquisite. He has the most amazing eye for beauty. Good to see someone else has posted him.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...