Monday, October 25, 2010
Sunday, October 24, 2010
I never get bored of looking for location spots for Elkhorn. There are endless choices of old weathered jetties. Hardys bay along to Wagstaff is one of my favourite places on the Central Coast. It still has some of that old world holiday charm with little fibro shacks & faded putt putt boats. It seemed appropriate to photograph Elkhorn's new Ruffle Scarves and Dahlia Swing Tanks with a water backdrop. Needless to say the camera's batteries died half way through(no spares on hand of course!) so I bought a delicious sourdough loaf for lunch from The Fat Goose and wrapped up the shoot down the ole favourite, Ettalong wharf. Hope you enjoy the photos... The blue boat was called "Elma" and had a patch of faux grass placed on the back... do you think the owner plays "putt putt" on it?
All the Dahlia Swing Tanks and Ruffles Scarves are now on Elkhorndesign Etsy Store. Click on individual photos and it should take you through. The Tea towels and cushions are new! They should be up in the next couple of days so look out for an update!
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Tuesdays morning paddle down Patonga Creek was gorgeous. Such a warm, tranquil day. Luckily I had Sally come up for a visit... good excuse to get out of the studio and explore. There was no one but us a few birds and jumping fish. We didn't catch any fish but feasted on bought whole snappers, barbecued with coconut rice. YUM
Posted by Elkhorn at 9:37 PM
Thursday, October 14, 2010
I hadn't expected it to arrive so fast... I ordered the 'Brooklyn Diary' from the Lines & Shapes series and much to my surprise I had found it in the letter box today! I have only had a sneak peek through it as I am savoring it as a end of day treat. It takes a look at the daily lives of 21 Brooklyn artists... some of which I often stalk on the web, so it's pretty special to get a little insight into their studio & home spaces.. plus I have a hankering to visit NY/Brooklyn hopefully next year, so this dairy will work as a slightly unconventional guide to Brooklyn with the artists favourite local spots for the best eats/drinks & places to explore. Who wants to join me?
Posted by Elkhorn at 12:59 PM
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
A little collection of pics from our weekend at Melbourne Finders Keepers. I fall in love with Melbourne a little more on each visit. The Finders Keepers was a great excuse for another visit. It was a fun fun weekend... Thanks as always to Brooke & Sarah (FK Ladies) for making it happen. Now we have to get busy for next stop Sydney Finders Keepers (well fingers crossed we get in!)
1. Our view from the Elkhorn stall
2. Elkhorn's new Dahlia tanks & scarves - sold out over the weekend!! Promise we are making more
3. The charming Kelly graciously helped out for the weekend
4. Emma Leonard's stall with her gorgeous illustrations. Have a little girl crush on her, she is lovely. You'll see why when you have a look at her work.
5. Beautiful Cloth Poppy Stall
6. Golden Ink Collaborative create one-off jewelry & homewares.. so intricate and original
7. Our new friend Bec from Georgie Love stall we were neighbors for the weekend... thanks for loading us up with musk lollies!
8. The cutest girl checking out the Georgie Love pieces. I wish I had been that trendy at her age!
9. no caption required
10. There has to be a bird pic somewhere!