Thursday, November 4, 2010

Dahlia Muslin Baby Wrap

On a little side project, we have been making a few baby wraps for new baby friends.  The only coloured muslin I could find was the standard baby pastels, and that's just not fun. I wanted something bright and cheerful, so I decided to hand dye it a bright turquoise. I have to thank Mother Elkhorn for undertaking the dying & sewing... well she nearly did it all but I lay claim to the screen printing! After making these, I thought they could double as beach blankets or scarves, if cut long ways? What do you think? I might make a few more and try them out at the Magnolia Square Markets next week!
Heading to Wollongong tomorrow to meet baby Aidan, so I will have to get a photo of him all wrapped up in it. Cute.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...